Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Peanut Blossom Cookies


This recipe comes from the kitchen of my mother.  These were and always has been a favorite around our house. My mom is the one that taught me most everything I know when it comes to cooking.  She is a wonderful woman and inspiration to me.  Thanks mom for all of your hard work over the years.  I love you!

Cream Well Together:
1 cup all vegetable shortening
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar

Then Add:
2 eggs
4 TBS milk
2 tsp. vanilla

Then Blend In:
3 1/2 cups shifted flour
2 tsp soda
1 tsp salt

Make into golf ball size balls and roll in granulated sugar.  Place on ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.  Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes.  Remove from oven and place a Hershey kiss in the center.  Bake 2 more minutes.   Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment