Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I know that it is nearing Summer but I love pumpkin chocolate chip cookies year round.  This is by far my favorite recipe.  They are super soft and have great flavors!


INGREDIENTS

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • Nonstick cooking spray or parchment paper

DIRECTIONS

Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray cookie sheets with nonstick spray or line them with parchment paper.
Using a mixer, beat the butter until smooth. Beat in the white and brown sugars, a little at a time, until the mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time, then mix in the vanilla and pumpkin puree. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Slowly beat the flour mixture into the batter. Stir in the chips. Scoop the cookie dough by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared cookie sheets and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the cookies are browned around the edges. Remove the cookie sheets from the oven and let them rest for 2 minutes. Cool on a cooling rack.

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! These sound amazing!! I love pumpkin, so I think I need to try these! I'm not a good baker, though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made these with gluten free flour and they turned out perfect! And they really are unbelieveably soft. Best recipe ever! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I will have to try that. I am glad you liked them:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we're going to try substituting raisins for the chocolate chips next, just to try something different. :)

    ReplyDelete