Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Baby Back Ribs

All of you who know me, know that I am an advocate of making things from scratch. But, in this case I have made an exception. I am going to show you the easiest way possible to make some yummy baby back ribs!

The first think you need to do is prep you meat. On the back side of your ribs there will be a thin membrane that needs to be removed. This is very important in you final outcome!


Once the membrane is removed flip them over and season your meat with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Then you are going to place them (meat side up) on a cookie sheet and put them under your broiler set on high. You will want to keep them under the broiler until they are a deep rich brown color and the outside skin is a little crispy.


Once this is done. You will transfer your ribs into a tinfoil lined pan. A 9x13 pan usually works, unless you have a big rack. Once in the pan you can use a store bought BBQ sauce. I know, it almost pains me to say it but yes, store bought BBQ sauce. My favorites are Baby Rays and KC Masterpiece, but what ever your favorite sauce is will work just fine. Cover the ribs generously with the sauce and then cover loosely with more tinfoil. Bake them in the over on 325 degrees for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. When the meat starts falling off the bone you know they are ready.


I am all about good food and I guarantee you will love these. This is one shortcut I am willing to take when I am in a hurry. If you are not a fan of the store bought, just substituteyour favorite homemade BBQ sauce. ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. i've never made ribs before but this might be easy enough for me to actually do! they look SO yummy!

    ReplyDelete