Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Easy and Healthy Taco Salad


INGREDIENTS:
flour tortillas
1 pound lean ground beef
taco season packet
Toppings of your choice:
lettuce
cheese
tomatoes
sour cream
salsa
avocado
etc.

The first step is to make your taco salad shell.  You need to have a glass mixing bowl that can go into the oven.  I use a Pampered Chef bowl but I am sure you can use others!  Heat your oven to 400 degrees.  Then spray your mixing bowl with cooking spray.  Put your tortilla shell into the bowl and shape as pictured below.


It will take about 20 minutes for the tortilla to get golden brown and crispy.  Remove from oven and bowl.  Cool and continue until you have as many bowls as you need for your salad.


While your shells are cooking brown 1 pound of lean ground beef in a a skillet.  Once cooked add 1/2 packet of taco seasoning and 1/4 cup of water.  Voila your meat is done.

Chop any toppings that you may want.  I love tomatoes, lettuce, cheese and avocado.  I usually just use what I have left over in my fridge.  Put your meat in the shell and top with whatever your heart desires.  I like a nice spoonful of sour cream and you are done.

You will not find a more simple taco salad.  Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment