Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Mango Sticky Rice Dessert


I tried this for the first time a few months ago at a Thai restaurant and absolutely fell in love with it.  I was instantly hooked and wanted to find out how to make it.  There is something about the warm sweet rice and the taste of the mango that is the perfect combination! This is what I came up with and I would say it is almost identical in taste.  Enjoy!

3 cups prepared sticky rice
1/2 cup sugar
1 13.5 ounce can of coconut milk
2 ripe mango's


Prepare your sticky rice.  If you do not know how to do this, find instructions in my how to section.  You can make this ahead of time but must use it within 24 hours.


Empty the can of coconut milk into a saucepan.  Over medium heat, bring just to a boil.  Add in the sugar and stir continually until the sugar has dissolved.  Be careful not to scald or curdle your milk.  Once this is done add in the sticky rice and stir until well incorporated.  


Peel the mango's and slice



Once you have done this, plate your sticky rice and mango's. Pictured below is the way that I like to do it.


So good! 

1 comment: